Microglia Medium (MM) is a complete medium designed for optimal growth of normal human brain-derived microglial cells in vitro. It is a sterile, liquid medium which contains essential and non-essential amino acids, vitamins, organic and inorganic compounds, hormones, growth factors, trace minerals and a low concentration of fetal bovine serum (5%). The medium is bicarbonate buffered and has a pH of 7.4 when equilibrated in an incubator with an atmosphere of 5% CO2/95% air. The medium is formulated (quantitatively and qualitatively) to provide a defined and optimally balanced nutritional environment that selectively promotes growth of normal human and animal microglia in vitro.
Microglia Medium Kit is a complete medium designed for optimal growth of normal human brain-derived microglial cells in vitro. Each Microglia Medium Kit consists of the next components:
- 500 ml of Microglia basal medium
- 25 ml of fetal bovine serum
- 5 ml of Microglia Growth supplement
- 5 ml of penicillin/streptomycin solution.
- Product Description
- Technical Resources & Protocols
- Reference: P60116
- Size/Quantity: 500 ml
- Storage: Store the basal medium at 4°C, the MelGS, the FBS and the P/S solution at -20°C. Protect from light.
- Shipping: Dry Ice